Thursday, August 7, 2008

Braces... yuck!

As some of you may already know I just got braces put on last Friday. It has been quite the experience. I never had braces growing up and I guess this is payback for all the people I made fun of (just kidding, I never really made fun of anyone). First off, there is a lot more pain involved than I imagined. The inside of my mouth looks like raw meat and I can hardly bite down on a piece of bread. Besides that I totally look like I'm 13 and feel a little dumb. Maybe now I won't have such a hard time getting the kid's meal at McDonald's. At this point I'm thinking the crooked teeth were just fine.

Well, for all of you hoping for a picture I have some bad news:) My camera battery has died and I left my charger in Montana, no joke. So I'm including a picture of my once beautiful, but a little crooked smile (mostly my bottom teeth are screwed up). No worries, I'll be sure to post an embarrassing photo or two soon enough.



This is taken back from my days as a Jurassic Park construction worker.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

I can't wait to see pictures!
P.S. You've always looked like you were 13. :-)

Michele said...

When you are 40 something and people still think you are in your 20's you will appreciate the looking younger thing...trust me on this one. You are still so darn cute even with a metal mouth. I hope the pain subsides soon...maybe the next time you come over for dinner and I can blend it all for you!JK

Jana said...

I don't even think your braces are that noticeable. And once the pain is gone and they are off you will say it was all worth it. I think. :)