Sunday, March 15, 2009

I'm about to lay an egg

Nesting....

Well it has been way too long and really, I have no excuse. I've actually been preoccupied with making ridiculous amounts of baby stuff. I guess nesting is one of those things where you're supposed to be in some cleaning frenzy but considering that's my normal state, I've taken it up a notch. I'll keep this short since I'm about to make a boppy cover (boppy is a nursing pillow for those of you who don't know). I know you can buy them at the store but I couldn't find a cover good enough so yeah, I'm making it!

I'll start off with a nice huge pregnant picture: So far I've only received one twin comment, there's still time...


So this was my first project, hair clips. Thanks to my talented friend Melanie I got hooked on making these.

Then I went to wipes cases (thanks again Melanie), and yes, I need two of them. I also made this block quilt to go with Oakley's crib set.

Then I just had to knit her a baby blanket and I learned how to make burp cloths.

So then I was onto flannel baby blankets- I've made 13 of them. (The missing ones are gifts). And I still have four more in the works! Thanks goes to Meridith on this one.
Last but definitely not least is my new diaper bag. My talented friend Amy made a super cute one and I just had to too!
This is not the end of the madness. Oh no, I've got plans for a boppy cover, diaper stacker, another knitted blanket, another crib sheet (I've made one of those too- thanks Libby) and at least one more diaper bag. I'm also planning on learning to make appliques on onesies, baby booties, bibs and a baby wipes case holder. I've got 7 weeks left and I'm going to make the best of it! Well at least I'll make the most stuff.

16 comments:

Jessica said...

Holy cow, Elise -- that is some NICE stuff. If you have extras, you can always send some my way (and here I thought I'd be giving you hand-me-downs -- you're stuff is way cuter than anything I have to pass on).

libby said...

Wow. I knew you were making all of these, but when you put them all together it is quite overwhelming. So, wow. You're going to have the cutest baby gear ever!!

Kay said...

Wow! Those are beautiful. You must get your talent from your mother.

Amy said...

You finished your bag!! It looks amazing! Good job.. on all the stuff. I attempted a flannel blanket this weekend, not nearly as good as yours. I think if I'm going to make any more I'll definitely need that same foot you have.

NJ said...

Wow - that is a ton of stuff Elise! WAY impressed!!

Linda said...

Holy-moly! That's a lot of cute baby gear! You've been keeping busy, good luck with the last 7 weeks.

Karie said...

Amazing! Seriously, Elise. I dont know how you are making so much, but it all looks so cute! You are so creative!

Tara said...

Holy cow, I'm just happy if I have the energy to keep my dishes done and floor vacuumed at this point! No extra projects here! Very impressive. Who knew you were so crafty? LOVE the diaper bag.

Harmony said...

Okay, Elise -- WOW!!! That is all I can say. I didn't know you knew how to sew and knit and everything! Wow. Now I'm feeling guilty -- I didn't make one single thing for my first baby. You should open up a shop and start selling things!

Anonymous said...

Elise, you are CRAZY! In a good way. I can't believe you've been able to make all this stuff and work full time, where do you find the time? You are nesting hard core! I cannot wait to finish my diaper bag, I'm excited for thursday!

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow! You are amazing!!! I never had energy like that when I was prego! keep it up!

Angela said...

Elise! I had no idea you were so crafty! It's all adorable.

BusyMama said...

Um, speaking of talent....! You impress me.

Michele said...

You have been busy, and you my friend have oddles and oddles of talent! You have the cutest belly ever!

The Dorny Family said...

Wow, Elise. I'm impressed. I especially love the blanket you knitted; it's beautiful. Keep up the good work.

Tyson and Rachelle said...

You busy busy girl! Wish I had your talent!!!