Monday, November 23, 2009

Drama...

Okay so the past couple of days have been a little interesting. We'll start with little miss Oakley. She is getting her first tooth!! I know... she's so big. This was discovered by none other then her daddy, the dentist. I happened to be selling crafts at the strip district and missed the initial discovery. And for some reason, that made me want to cry. (I didn't actually cry- I have a heart of stone) How could I miss such a big milestone in my baby's life? Anyway, the excitement has since worn off and I'm now realizing this just means extra crankiness. Which would be okay except for the fact that yesterday my body decided to get a vicious stomach bug. Oh yes, I mean even my toast and saltines were coming right back up. And not to be graphic but the worst thing about throwing up is the feeling that you're about to die right before it happens. Am I painting a picture for you?... cranky baby, pukey mom. And even that would have been okay IF I wasn't supposed to speak in church yesterday. So here I was trying to write my talk, not throw up on the floor and deal with the baby. I don't know why I insisted on still writing my talk (or speech), oh wait- its because my husband kept giving me the pep talk. "You're not that sick" "What would Jesus do?" "It'll only take you 10 minutes, you can handle anything for 10 minutes!" So I wrote my talk, got dressed, dragged myself into the car and headed to church. We get there and I realize, there is no way I'm giving this talk. I'm so nauseous, I can hardly stand. So my sweet husband goes up to the 1st counselor and breaks the news to him, (his exact words) "We have a code red, my wive is about to puke." Fine. Great. I get in the car and somehow drive myself back home. So back at church, Dave ended up speaking for like 30 minutes after they announced that I was "incapacitated" and wouldn't be able to speak today. INCAPACITATED!! Really they could have used a much better word. Then Dave starts getting all sorts of questions about what's going on. And to answer one of them: NO I AM NOT PREGNANT!! Anyway, just a little dramatic, way more attention than this little stomach bug deserved. Today I'm feeling much better. The 1/4 cup of applesauce I've eaten today seems to be staying down and the 12 hours of sleep last night really helped. I'm still pretty tired which is why I'm blogging instead of packing for a trip that we're leaving on tomorrow. Okay, here's some pictures. After reading this long post I guess you deserve it!

Here's her tooth, can't you see it?!


Getting a picture of her tooth was not easy. She was very fascinated with the camera.


Our biking adventures

9 comments:

libby said...

I loved the "incapacitated" comment. I knew it would cause speculation the moment I heard it. :) Glad to hear you're feeling better. I LOVE oakley's cable knit beanie--baby gap?

Jessica said...

WHAT???!!??? Why didn't your mean husband just let you CANCEL on giving the talk? The last thing you want to do if give some horrible stomach bug to everyone at church. Hope you feel better soon, it sounds miserable.

BusyMama said...

If it makes you feel any better, I didn't think you were pregnant. And I'm also surprised that Dave convinced you to go! It's one thing to be stuffed up, but puking? That doesn't mix with public speaking. Glad you're feeling better!

Keri said...

I completely empathize...sounds like the bug I had a couple months ago. I laid on the bathroom floor for about eight hours. Horrible! I am so glad you are feeling better. Did you get the stuff we gave Dave at church?

The Dorny Family said...

Yeah, sorry to hear about your 'incapacitation' (that may not be a word). I actually saw you before the meeting and could tell you weren't feeling well at all. I can't believe you got all ready for church. Where are you going? I have fabric paint to return and money to pay...

Jana said...

I am so sorry you were sick. But score you didn't have to speak. I seriously hate speaking in church. Should we say "giving a speech" just in case Rachel reads this? :) And I love that you took a pic of the tooth. Such a cute little mommy!!!

JoDell said...

Oh, wow! Love how whenever you get sick, people automatically ask if you're pregnant. Not nice! Hope you'll be feeling well enough to take your trip.

Rachel said...

it is speech :) Hope you're feeling better. I HATE teething and I hate that it goes on for so long. good luck!!

Harmony said...

That's a funny story...although not so funny to you I guess.
Oakley is SOOO cute. The bike trip looks fun too, really fun. I wish we did more stuff like that.
Miss you guys!!