Thursday, July 22, 2010

What's happenin' here

Getting ready for the pool: so I thought Oakley would love the swimming pool b/c she's always laying on her belly during her bath and sticking her face in the water.


Not quite! She's not really the water baby I envisioned but she still has fun playing in her little pool.




Keeping busy: who would think those nice, hot summer days would put me in the mood for sewing. Its probably the 90% humidity that has kept me inside working on this Rag/ABC quilt and a few other things.


Cross it off the Bucket list! I've been dying to see Falling Water ever since we first moved to Pittsburgh. Its unfortunate that we waited until after Oakley was born b/c they don't allow children under 8 on the tour. So we had to switch off entertaining Oakley for 3 hours while we took separte tours.


To finish it off: We're down to the very last renovations on our house. We re-carpeted the front steps and recently refinished our basement. With just a few odds and ends left to do we'll soon be ready to sell!


before


after- kind of hard to see in this picture.

5 comments:

Amy said...

I LOVE that quilt you made!

Nora said...

elise!!! so happy to be blog friends now:):). oakley is super cute, and you are looking gorgeous, as usual. how are things w/ you? where are you headed after you move from pittsburgh? i will definitely ring you up when i'm in ithaca next. love you!!

Pitcherpost said...

awesome quilt, i can't even imagine how long that took! I wish you were around to teach me! And glad you made it to falling water, that totally stinks that you had to take seperate tours! Everything with kids is more complicated. I went to a very not kid accomadating museum the other day and left after 5 minutes because 4 different guards had yelled at me and also they took my diaper bag! How can i survive without my bag?

Pitcherpost said...

mmm...and ignore all the things I spelled wrong..separate...accommodating, and some others I'm sure. crying kids distract me!

Harmony said...

I've wanted to go to Falling Water too. I will...someday. Glad you finally did it.
That quilt is so cute!