Friday, June 25, 2010

The Second Worst Flight EVER!

Now I know a lot of you have had some pretty bad flight experiences. And I'm not saying mine was any better or worse than yours. I'm just saying its my personal second worst experience- the first being stuck on the plane on the runway for 12 hours with no food in the middle of July with no AC. Take home lesson from that experience: NEVER FLY INTO/OUT OF JFK, EVER!!! Now onto this horrifying experience. First I should probably tell you about my trip!

Dave and I headed out to Utah to visit some family. We were very excited to see our friends, family and hit up a bunch of restaurants we've missed since leaving. We stayed with Dave's sister Kristin and of course took some fun embarrassing bath photos of Oakley and her cousin, Roman.




And of course we had to stop here, Costa Azul.


Met up with these guys, one of my best friends from High School and his girlfriend.


Oakley NEVER lets you hold her. That's why I had to snap a picture when Dave got her to fall asleep on his chest- how cute!


We had a fun dinner with my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and 2nd cousins.


Oakley with her 2nd cousins; William and Annie.


Annie and Oakley had a fun time playing together/stealing sippy's. As you can see Oakley is quite the drama queen. I don't know where she gets it from!?


Dave took off after some family pics.


I spent the next few days down at the farm visiting my grandparents. It was so fun to take Oakley to the farm that I remember going to as a child. I just have to say how impressed I am with my Grandparents who are in their 80's and still keep up their farm, a horse, a calf and a garden bigger than my backyard. I just hope some of that "good pioneer stock" my grandma is always talking about has made its way to my gene pool and that I'm just as active and healthy at that age. Oakley had so much fun with her great-grandparents. She loved all the attention!! Oakley and I then hung out with my college BFF, Mandy and her son, Logan. Then I headed off to the airport...

I was running a little late to the airport but managed to make it through security on time. I had a half our left before my flight took off and decided Oakley and I had time to eat breakfast. Well that turned out to be a mistake. After I was done feeding Oakley I looked at my watch and realized my plane took off 5 minutes ago!! AGHH! The flight attendant was very nice about re-booking me on the next flight out- FOUR hours later!! So Oakley and I spent a long, long, looong day at the SLC airport (which is the lamest airport, btw) and then two hours at the Houston airport. We finally made it to Pittsburgh 6 hours after we were supposed to get there. I think the worst part about the whole ordeal was that it was all my fault!! (oh and that we were both sick, did I mention that?) So there was no one to be mad at but myself! Take home lesson: don't miss your flight while your in the airport!

8 comments:

Gina said...

not to mention lunch with the AWESOMEST SEXIEST girls ever...Gina and Rachel :) It was so good to see you. I think your flight experience outweighs my worst by far! I am so sorry. Seriously crappy!

Elise said...

How could I forget to mention the highlight of my trip!?!? It was great to see you guys too. It almost made me want to move to Utah so I could hang out with you more often, almost!

Amy said...

LOVE the bath picture! Sorry you missed your flight. I'd be sooo mad at myself.

Jessica said...

Thanks for giving us a laugh at your expense. Mike is going to tease you about it.

Can't wait to see you soon!

Pitcherpost said...

oh that sucks! I'm so sorry! Your 12 hours on the runway flight will never be beat (well, let's hope!) Could you imagine if you'd had Oakley already when you got stuck for 12 hours? Can you even imagine!! Lame of you to go to utah when I wasn't visiting yet!

Helena said...

Oh man, thats awful. I'm so sorry your flight home was such a nightmare! And your #1 worst flight sounds like hell. No really, that's what I picture when I think of hell. But your trip to Utah sounds fantastic, and I am super jealous that you got to see your family!

Michelle said...

Elise, I LOVE your hair. It's such a great cut on you. Also, Oakley is adorable! Nathalie turned 1 in April and I love this age....and hate it too because she's super clingy. Don't worry--when she grows out of the clinginess, she grows into the terrible twos.

Michele said...

I don't think I would have survived that long on the tarmac...it is my greatest fear to miss a flight...glad you are home safe.