Saturday, December 4, 2010

99 Days, NYC & Good-byes

I'll start with the sad news first. We said good-bye to Lucy... forever. It was a tough decision but with another baby coming and the upcoming prospect of renting somewhere with two dogs, it was for the best. It all happened so quickly- an add on craigslist and two days later she was gone. The good news is her new family is awesome! The father wants to train Lucy to be a hunting dog. The teenage son wants her to sleep in his bed at night and the mother is really loving towards her. I couldn't be happier for her. Its a much better life than being shut in a kitchen or small backyard all day. Here's one last picture of Dave and his best friend minutes before she left us for good.



About 30 minutes after we said good-bye to Lucy it was off to The City. Dave and I were able to take a trip with no dogs and no kids (thanks to our parents) and hit the big apple for a couple days. Our real reason for going was we got tickets to The Daily Show but to make a long story short, we ended up going to The Colbert Report. Both are two of our favorite shows so we were happy with the end result. It was all thanks to two really nice New Yorkers who gave us their tickets!! Here's a link to the show we were a part of. The camera flashes past us for a microsecond so don't bother looking. As much as we love The Colbert Report when we came home and watched The Daily Show we missed, we were a little sad. Its probably the best Daily Show I've EVER seen. (Esp if you hate Glen Beck! Here's that link:)



Two days later it was time to pick up Ms. Oakley who had a blast staying with Grandma. We spent a week up in New York visiting both our families. Here's Oakley at a Bouncy House in Ithaca, she loved it!!



And 10 days later we were home. A long and eventful trip. I couldn't believe I only had 99 days left of pregnancy when we got back. This pregnancy is really flying by. Here's a picture of me at 26 weeks. Just think...I STILL HAVE THREE MONTHS LEFT!! Even though it may fly by there's no doubt in my mind that I'll be HUGE by the end.


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Helena said...

Oh my gosh, you are adorable. I have to see this belly in person.

I am sorry about your dog, and so jealous about The Colbert Report.

NJ said...

I love your new header photo! You guys look great! And why are you thinking about renting??! STAY HERE!!!

Michele said...

Elise...you look absolutely gorgeous!

Harmony said...

Wow, a trip without kids....I have never done that and I'm dying to. That's one of the perks of living near family! What an awesome trip though. Makes me want to move back to America.
You look adorable, as always!
Was Dave really sad to let Lucy go?

Jaimie said...

Harmony didn't tell me you were pregnant again! Congratulations!! You are looking great. I totally know the feeling of hugeness. I felt like I got bigger and bigger with each baby. Good luck!
Oakley is ADORABLE!