Sunday, May 3, 2009

Ticking Time Bomb...

So I'm due tomorrow and I'm still here. No baby yet, I'll be sure to update as soon as she comes. I have been staying busy to keep myself from going crazy. One thing I have to get on my little soap box about is the phrase "about to pop". I have been avoiding public areas because looking like your about to have a baby any second gives people the idea they can say all sorts of funny things to you. My least favorite of them is "you look like your about to pop!". I don't understand it, I'm not a toaster or a balloon someone filled with too much air. It makes me feel like I'm a time bomb and everyone is just waiting for me to go off! I guess the stress of my last week of pregnancy is really getting to me.

All right, here's the fun news. Dave and I decided to be a little crazy and rip apart our shower this week. We renovated the rest of our bathroom last year and the shower has been waiting for Dave's next vacation. It just so happens that he had last week off and luckily, I haven't had a baby yet... Here's a picture of what our shower looks like right now. We're going to tile today so hopefully we'll make good progress before Oakley gets here. In the mean time, we're a pretty smelly bunch!


Here's a picture of Oakley's room ready and waiting for her to come. I still have to put up more pictures on the other side and I'm really excited because my friend Michelle and I are working on Oakley's name in cute wooden letters. I'll have to post a picture of the finished project when its up.


Tuesday, April 28th Dave and I celebrated our 3rd year anniversary! I can't believe we've been married 3 years already. To celebrate Dave surprised me with 2 dozen roses and we took a trip to the outlet malls. That turned out to be a little disappointing because the only person it was fun to shop for was Oakley. Even shoe shopping was out for me, it took a couple of stores and some tears for me to come to that conclusion. Anyway, Dave- thanks for a wonderful 3 years! I love you!


Three years ago... its a little depressing to look at these pictures 9 months pregnant. We'll just call those my future "after" pictures, I will look like that again!


Right now it probably would take all those guys to lift me up!


Crepe Night with the girls and good-bye to Jana:( We'll miss you!!

8 comments:

Jessica said...

Thanks for the update and the pictures! I love the room! I can't wait to see the finished shower. By the way, you look great in all your cute maternity shirts.

amy said...

I am so sorry you don't have your baby yet. I keep thinking to call you because I'm sure you've had the baby and must need dinner, but then I think, "if she hasn't had the baby it'll probably just be annoying to have someone calling to see if she's had the baby." At least I would have been annoyed. The babies room looks great and believe it or not YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL BIG AND PREGNANT! I know (from experience) that it doesn't feel that way, but you are and the weight comes off pretty fast. You're beautiful so don't even worry. Let me know if you need anything at all and I'll give you a call this week or next and check on you...hopefully she'll be here by then :)

Tara said...

Yeah, what do you say when someone uses the "about to pop" line? "Thanks, I was afraid I didn't look pregnant enough." I shouldn't get started- it's still too fresh :) You and the bedroom both look adorable! Keep us posted! (I want to see the after pictures of the shower too! You guys are awesome!)

Pitcherpost said...

where did you get those dream letters? They're so so cute! You have made the most adorable little girls room ever. I hope tomorrow is your lucky day! YOu still look wonderful, don't get down! I can't wait to see her and your new bathroom!

BusyMama said...

Hang in there! Before you know it, you'll have a cute little peanut to show for your 10 months of discomfort. And I'm so impressed that you took on a project of that magnitude the day before you're due!

Harmony said...

I don't know what makes people think they have the right to make comments about a pregnant woman's body. If she weren't pregnant that would be considered sexual harassment! (or maybe it still is)
I got that line a few days before my due date and all I could say was, "I am!" Hang in there! It's worth the wait, I promise. :)

JoDell said...

First, I don't know why people say things like that to pregnant women. Honestly!

Second, you are so CUTE! I know, when you're pregnant you don't feel like you look good, but to everyone else you are beautiful!

Oakley's room looks wonderful! Sounds like you've done some serious nesting. You have to do something when the baby is taking forever to come! Good-luck with everything! I can't wait to see pics. of your baby girl.

Jana said...

You better call me after you have her. I am constantly thinking about you!! :)