Thursday, August 13, 2009

Oakleyisms and Trip Home

I swear Oakley is getting cuter by the hour. But she's also developing her little personality and with a mix between Dave and me, it's bound to be interesting. Here's a couple of things we've figured out about her so far...

1. She LOVES her "binky". In most major breakdowns it is the only thing that will calm her down.



2. She's not a big fan of all the giant flowers I keep trying to put on her head. Most likely because they end up here... but I'm not giving up!



3. She likes to sleep with something over her face.



4. She's already a T.V. addict! Yes, this is her glued to the tube despite all my antics to try and get her attention. Its almost impossible for her to nurse if she suspects the T.V.'s on.



5. She also loves to try and fit both hands in her month. Her Daddy can put his whole fist is his mouth so I guess the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree! (Not Pictured)

6. Oakley already knows mommy and daddy. And unfortunately for me and for the grandparents she stiffens up like a board when anyone else tries to hold her.

(Oakley with Grandpa- my dad)



Anyway, here are some pictures from our trip back home. Dave and I spent the weekend with his parents and then I went up to spend the rest of the week with my family. We had a great time and even managed to get all the grandkids there in one picture: (we missed you Aaron and Harmony!)


Left to Right: Avery (twin #1), Kasia, Oakley, Issac, Haven (twin #2)

Fun times at the Carousel!



My attempt at taking some cute pictures of Haven in the sprinklers:



We had a pretty fun time but by the end were both ready to come home to our own beds, a little less noise, and Dave.

3 comments:

The Dorny Family said...

I can believe the binky and parent preferences, the stuffing fists into mouths, and enjoying something on her face while sleeping, but Oakley's interest in TV already is surprising. It seems like it takes months to cultivate a preference for TV...but maybe not for a daughter of Dave's :). I need to call you. I have a sewing question(s).

Meredith said...

That is hilarious that Oakley likes to watch TV! And as far as the giant flowers, we have the same problem :) It's kind of funny that every time I pass Keri off to Tom at church, she returns without her hair bow...I guess not everyone thinks they are essential :)

Harmony said...

I wish we could have been there! I'm really looking forward to our trip to Ithaca. So sorry to have missed Mike and Jessica.
Oakley is so cute! She looks really long/tall. I like the pic of both of you at the end.