Monday, January 18, 2010

Christmas x 3

Lately I've really hated blogging, sorry kind of negative for a Christmas post. But I'm just letting you know why its so late and I didn't feel like sugar coating it (I had enough sugar coating over the holiday). While our 3 Christmases doesn't quite match up to Vince and Reece's movie charade, I assure you it was just as busy, chaotic, but absolutely more fun:)

We spent Christmas Eve with my Mom and family. Because my mom always wants to "do it easy this year" with a ziti casserole (I'm being 100% serious), Dave and I decided to take matters into our own hands. We (mostly Dave) prepared a seafood fest with king crab legs, muscles, shrimp and enough mashed potatoes to feed a small army. We both enjoyed being able to choose what traditional foods we wanted and not eating ziti casserole:)

My mom with Oakley. It was nice to get out of changing so many diapers!



As you can see Oakley was super excited for her first Christmas.


Christmas Day was spent with my Dad, brother and his family. Issac, my nephew, really enjoyed opening presents this year. I'm excited to see how Oakley reacts next year. Most of the day was spent relaxing and making a yule log. My dad is a really good french cook and most of our holiday feasts include a few french recipes.

This Yule log requires about 2 dozen eggs, 6 sticks of butter, and 10 hours of labor, but so worth it!! And yes, I did make those meringue mushrooms, they were delish!



Grandpa gave Oakley her first Cornell hoodie, the first of many no doubt!!


A super quick family pic before saying good-byes. Hey that rhymed!


After a second frenzy of present opening the next day at my mom's, we were off to the Pringle's house for our third Christmas. We were probably there 10 minutes before we tore into our third round of presents.

Breakfast with Nana.


One more shot of that little stinker:


Here's a picture of my very first Christmas, I was 11 months old. Still think Oakley looks like Dave? Okay she does a little:)

7 comments:

Kay said...

After cooking thousands of dinners for several years I am "cooked out" and very thankful for a wonderful son-in-law who prepared a delicious Christmas dinner for us.

BusyMama said...

She does look like you! Maybe it's the matching outfits. :)

tiffany and darren said...

first of all, great photography, you must have got a new camera for christmas!
second of all, oakley is you!! i can't believe how much that picture looks like her. i change my mind, she doens't look like dave, she totally looks like you!!!!

Michele said...

I love Christmas but when you have to do all that traveling with a baby...it makes Christmas less fun! You are such a trooper...my hero! Sorry...Oakley is the spitting image of Dave...again I am sorry.

Nicole said...

Yep, they are right. They look identical!

Pitcherpost said...

First of all, you are looking super skinny! It just reminds me of how far I have to go...Did you take some of the pics with your new camera? wahoo for nice cameras!

Harmony said...

Oakley is SOOO cute! I think she looks like both of you, a good mix. :) I wish I was there to see you all this weekend. I'm glad Aaron gets to, though.