Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Super Duper Fun Exciting Stuff Here!!

So, I have really hated blogging lately. Maybe its the lack of sleep, the baby tugging at my pant legs, or the fact that it takes way more time than I'm willing to give. Luckily, I have found myself with a bit of extra time on my hands since I've been SNOWED IN for the last four days. Which is probably where all my extra sarcasm is coming from. OK, trying to be positive… ( Oh and its snowing AGAIN!!)



Oakley Updates:
She started army crawling about two weeks ago, which has made both of us much happier. She's pulled herself up on a few things, including the bathtub ledge (scary!). I've realized this happy period of only baby-proofing the house to ankle-biter standard won't last long. Plus, all she wants to do is walk holding my hands and walk along furniture. My dreams of a content crawling baby are quickly fading away! Lastly, she's getting her top teeth in meaning lots of sleepless nights for both of us. Oakley turned 9 months old today and is in the 95% for height and 75% for weight.



Visitors:
We were so excited to have my dad and brother, Aaron all the way from Germany, come to visit last weekend. We had grand plans of going to museums, movies, dinners but found ourselves spending the weekend taking turns shoveling 24" of snow off our cars, driveway and street! (Yes I said street, no snow plow has ever attempted to come down our cobblestone road.) We did enjoy some yummy meals Dave prepared, movies and playing games. Cabin fever isn't nearly as bad if you have more people to spend it with.


The Oakster munching on some snow.



A little collage of "snowmageddon".
(That only took me an hour to put together and you can't even read it, another reason I hate blogging.)

Other news:
I finally finished a project I've been working on for months, Christmas Stockings. A little too late but I will definitely enjoy them next year when I'm working on my matching table runner and tree skirt. Luckily those projects won't involve handmade bias tape which was a "fun learning experience".

11 comments:

Brooklet said...

First off, that is a LOT of snow. Why do you guys get all the fun snow stuff now that we moved?

Second, I can read the pictures- if you just click on it, it blows it up big.

Thirdly, I love the stockings. Your work always looks so good. And I love that fabric. I saw it in person at a store in Utah in the summer and I have been pining for ever since.

Jessica said...

Ditto to Brooklet: just enlarge the picture and you can see everything.

I'm glad you're still blogging even though you hate it.

Amazing stockings!

I love your red jacket and boots!!!!

NJ said...

Look at those stockings!! Oh my goodness, they are amazing. I can't believe you made your own bias tape! Wow; you're amazing!

And that little picture of Oakley with her beanie and adorable red coat is just seriously so cute. She's such a doll!

My Suga' Baby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Richins Family said...

wow your stockings turned out SOO cute i love them :) i also love that picture of oakley eating the snow! i can't believe she's already 9 months :)

The Dorny Family said...

Your snow pictures are much more impressive than ours...and, as usual, your sewing projects are tres impressive.

Gina said...

I have gotten a kick out of everyone's snowed in posts! I can not believe how much snow there really is there! Happy to have missed out on that one...although I'm sure Kade would have loved it. LOVE the stockings! They are adorable!

BusyMama said...

Your stockings look amazing! AMAZING! You talented little thing, you.

Michele said...

Love the stockings! I so want figgy pudding fabric bu I know it would just become a part of my stash that I might use someday. Stay warm!

Jana said...

That is seriously a TON of snow. Yuck. I'm glad I missed it. And I love your stockings!!!!!

Harmony said...

Those stockings are ADORABLE! I still have your table runner on my table. I liked it too much to put it away when Christmas was over.