Monday, April 12, 2010

Playin' Hookie

Easter weekend Dave and I convinced our friends Darren and Tiffany to skip conference and come with us to the cherry blossom festival in DC. We weren't the only ones who decided to enjoy the beautiful weather and take in the sites. The entire city was packed! Despite the crowds, missed naps, and a cranky baby we had a pretty fun time. I feel guilty that Oakley's first Easter was spent being dragged around in a stroller but I guess its better than being ignored while your parents watch TV:)

We checked out the awesome blossoms.


Saw the Jefferson Memorial across the Tidal Basin but didn't quite make it there.


Walked a little more through the cherry blossoms with these guys.


Saw this place but didn't get an invite to the Easter egg hunt, lame.


Oakley's first day of wearing her hat. She wasn't amused.


Unfortunately this is the best picture of the two of us and Dave's eyes are closed. A role reversal for us, I'm usually the blinker. This is taken in the National Gallery of Art, my favorite place to visit in DC. (But I still haven't been to the spy museum...)


My attempt at a artistic picture in the art museum, seemed fitting.


My favorite artist of all time, Monet. Dave's least favorite, he doesn't like impressionist art.


You may recognize this one if you've ever seen my kitchen. Another impressionist artist I like, Degas.


And if you're still reading and haven't dozed off yet, here's another one of our chubby little bunny.


And here's one of her eating paper while watching TV. I know, my parenting skills are something to admire.

6 comments:

Pitcherpost said...

She is so so cute! And those blossoms! I wish I'd thought to go to dc for that. Gorgeous pictures too!

Nicole said...

I always laugh so hard at your posts! And I think I recognize Oakley's dress in that last picture. Did you make that?

Amy said...

Oakley could not be cuter! Looks like you guys are having fun!

Tyson and Rachelle said...

Holy cow! DC looks awesome in the spring! We went the wrong time of year. Hey, the paper...whatever you have to do, right?

Harmony said...

I loved the Cherry Blossoms too, but yeah, it was SOO crowded. But it's worth it.

Adam and Jess said...

Those were some great pictures. I can tell you're getting better. What a cool trip and nice excuse to get away.