Friday, May 7, 2010

11 Months 2 weeks and 4 days



That's how old Oakley was in this picture taken by her very talented Aunt Jessica. Oakley, Grandma (my mom) and I just got back from a trip to St. Louis to see my brother's family and meet one of her newest cousins, Charlotte. Oakley has three cousins that were all born before her first birthday. I can't wait to see what great friends they end up being. Oakley was supposed to have fourth cousin born right around the time she turns one but sweet little Jaycee wasn't meant to stay on earth and died in utero a month before she was due. We were all very sad to miss out on meeting this little angel and I have to think that she and Oakley were good friends up in Heaven.

Oakley turns one this weekend and we're kicking off the celebration with a triple birthday party tonight. More pictures on that, St. Louis, and my new haircut to come:)

4 comments:

Michele said...

Oakley did a great job last night and your hair is super cute!

The Dorny Family said...

We had so much fun celebrating ONE with Oakley. She is such a cutie.

Pitcherpost said...

Oakley's adorable! I wanted that outfit she has on, but I resisted and now i regret it. Can't wait to see your new hair.

Mandy said...

Elise she is so cute! I can't believe how big she is. When are you coming to visit me so I can finally see her in person?