Thursday, May 27, 2010

Grandma's visit

Get ready for whole lot of bloggin', I have a lot to catch up on! My mom came out to visit at the end of April. We went to Time Out for Women, listened to some really great talks and beautiful music. We also managed to do some fun "Pittsburghy" things.

Here we are at the West End Overlook.


Oakley had a blast with Grandma! (That's her SUPER EXCITED smile)


We made a trip to the zoo, turns out Pittsburgh has a really sweet zoo.


This was the first time that Oakley insisted on walking by herself. This is something I've been so excited for because I no longer have to carry her. It turns out that she never wants to go in the right direction so its quite counterproductive. Sorry if my white legs temporarily blind you. And I have no idea why everything is now underlined and I don't know how to change it.


Oakley LOVED the aquarium, she's just like her mommy:) Okay not underlined anymore- hmmm.


The aquarium has this really cool underwater viewing area for the shark pool and the polar bear habitat. Da-dum...


Next my mom, Oakley and I headed to St. Louis to visit my brother, Mike and his family. Oakley did really well during the 12 hour drive. Thank goodness for TV and Baby Einsteins!! I actually didn't take one picture there so I'm using pictures that Jessica, my sister-in-law, took. You will most likely notice how much better her pictures are, she's very talented.

St. Louis was a blast! This was taken in the beautiful botanical gardens.


We went to the butterfly house which is just about the coolest thing EVER. Its an enclosed garden full of HUGE, beautiful butterflies that just flutter all around you. Oakley was completely fascinated with it. To the right is Mike with baby Charlotte, isn't she a cutie?!


Here is my mom with her five granddaughters. Right now the grand-girls out number the boys by one, making nine grandkids total.


Thanks Mike and Jessica for the fun visit to St. Louis! And thanks mom for taking Oakley on her first girls trip, it was awesome!!

3 comments:

Brooklet said...

Oakley is so cute! She looks like she was having so much fun with grandma. Grandma visits are the best.

So where are the pictures of the new haircut??

Jessica said...

We're so glad you guys came to visit!

I too want to see pictures of the new haircut!!

Jana said...

So you did the new hair cut???? Post some pics!!

and Oakley is DARLING!! She i=has grown so much. Love all the pics of her.

Are you going to Utah at all this summer?